Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break Day #7 Sedona, AZ





On day 7 Brad and I took a quick trip to Sedona. I have always heard how Sedona attracts hippies and freaks and being a little hippie and a little freaky myself I wanted to have a look. As we rolled into town the view was breath-taking. Beautiful red rock towers that looked like temples on all sides. We had booked a night at the Hilton...which was also wonderful with the rooms decorated in a decidedly southwestern flair. We had dinner at the barbecue place in town (Brad's idea) and dessert at the American Bistro (my idea) both pretty good choices. A little shopping and site seeing in between made for a good first day! The next morning we went in search of a short hike. We took the dirt road and it eventually connected up to I-17 and it was a little bit of an adventure, too bad we were in a mini van and not a 4 wheel drive! We had some great views along the way never did find the hike but oh well....Brad was happy for that! We headed back to Phoenix!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...