Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just in case you still have zucchini coming out your ears....

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies......yes you read that right!
Have you thrown out any zucchini this summer?  Come on, you can confess to me!  I won’t tell.  Well, the other day I was supposed to make a big plate of cookies for my friend who was getting ready to send her first born out into the big wide world via a mission!  In Mormondom we have this really lame tradition of calling up all our relatives and close friends and inviting them to come and hear our cute missionary child speak in church on the Sunday before they leave to go into the MTC (Missionary Training Center) and then we invite all of them plus half the ward over to our house to meet and greet that same cute missionary child and since we have invited them all over then we feel obliged to feed them something.  (Like we’re not already stressed enough about having to send our kid half way around the world!)  Well, my friend had the good sense to just serve cookies and milk (thank heavens)!  I won’t even go into the times my sister Diana has served the entire ward plus family a huge dinner buffet, and then there was my other sister who recently fed her entire ward waffles and ham....okay, not going there! 


 So back to the cookies.  So I offered to bring over a big platter of cookies.  Well, here’s where the adventure begins.  I was just going to make plain old Chocolate Chip Cookies but Amanda happened to be home that night and had her friend Alena over.  So Alena says, “Why don’t you put zucchini in them...my Mom does and they are great and you can’t even taste the zucchini.”  Well, being the Whole Foods Nut that I am, this sends off all kinds of bells in my head.  I had no idea you could put zucchini in chocolate chip cookies.  So, I got on the internet and found this little gem of a recipe.  It really turned out amazing and the funniest part of the night was when Amanda and Alena grated the zucchini!   (I took a picture for you, it was hilarious)  So if you have any leftover zucchini try this recipe out, it was really quite delicious and I like to think a little bit healthier for you!

Notice...

how......

it's a two person job!

I love how they didn't think to cut it but just grated this huge Fred Flinstone zucchini!
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies

1egg, beaten
½cup butter, softened
½cup brown sugar (or Sucanat)
cup honey
1tablespoon vanilla extract
Combine in large bowl:
1cup white flour
1cup whole wheat flour
½tsp baking soda
¼tsp salt
¼tsp cinnamon
¼tsp nutmeg
Combine in a separate, small bowl and blend into liquid mixture:
1cup finely shredded zucchini
12oz chocolate chips
Stir these into other ingredients, mix well. Drop by spoonful onto greased baking
sheet, and flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350F degrees, 10 to 15 minutes.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...