Friday, September 23, 2011

Enjoying Fresh Herbs from the Garden

I was making my usual cup of tea this morning and I thought you might enjoy having this recipe.  It's not really a recipe but since I enjoy seeing a step by step with pictures I thought I would do that for you.  So you can enjoy a cup of herbal tea with me today.  Normally we use dried tea, loose or in little tea bags but I thought I would try just cutting some herbs from the garden and see how it tasted.  I used the  mint growing right outside my back door in a pot.  (You should always grow your mint in a pot....otherwise it takes over the world in short order.)
Pick your mint and put the leaves in a mason jar, bruising them a little.

I also add loose raspberry leaf tea it's very healing

Stick all that in a jar

Heat the water just until it is about to boil.  Pour
into the jar and cover with a lid.  Let it steep for about 20 minutes.

Strain it into your favorite tea cup.

Add honey if you like...love this one I get at the health food store.
Sit back and relax, take a deep breath and enjoy a few minutes to yourself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...