Tuesday, September 8, 2009

When did he learn to chop wood like a man?





Today at the cabin we were stacking and chopping wood. I was going for it with the axe when Mackay, my 14 year old son, walked up and said, "Here mom, let me show you how it is done." I'm thinking he is too little for this, I'm pretty sure he won't be able to chop through this massive piece of wood. He raises the axe and in one chop halves the log precisely. I am amazed. When did he learn to chop wood like this? Who taught him how to do this? When did my son become a man? Had I really not noticed this? I thought about all of the influences in his life. His dad, his grandpa, his brother, lots of good friends & youth leaders and the list goes on and on. I am truly thankful for all of these influences and more that have helped him to become a good person.....on his way to becoming a good man.....and by the way I have heard they are hard to find.....so glad I've found one here. I watch as he once again raises the axe and brings it down on the log. So blessed to share this moment with him. I love you Mackay....you are such a good man!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...