Sunday, March 1, 2009
One of my favorite things to bake is banana bread! This morning I baked a double batch and thought I should share this really yummy....AND....HeAlThY recipe with all of you! So bake yourself a loaf and go BANANAS!
Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread
For one 8x5x3 inch loaf you will need:
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. wheat germ
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. cut-up ripe bananas
1/2 c honey
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c chopped walnuts
1. Measure flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Stir to blend.
2. In bowl of food processor ( I use a blender), combine the eggs bananas, honey, vegetable oil, lemon juice and vanilla until well blended.
3. Pour over flour mixture. Add walnuts.
4. Stir with rubber spatula just until blended.
5. Pour into a greased and floured 8x5x3 inch loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 F until sides pull away from pan and pick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 55 min.
7. Cool on rack before removing from pan.