Friday, October 16, 2009

The Feeling Right Before You Dive In!

This morning it was my first day on the beach in Kaua'i. As I wade out into the cool beautiful water, it always takes a moment to get used to that feeling of the water on your legs. As you step in you feel it cool around your ankles, then your thighs and all the way up to your belly. You stand there, anticipating the moment when your whole body goes under and the ocean welcomes you in once more. The hesitation comes in that moment, knowing that what you are heading into is going to feel so good and yet you can't quite make yourself dive in.

It occured to me that this moment is a mirror of my life. I have had many moments in my life when I know exactly what I want, I can see it just up ahead in the distance.  It's just that taking that leap the one you know that will feel so cold and the water will hit your face and you will go under.  Yes you will go under, it's that moment that is hard to face.

As I rise up from my first dive in I realize how refreshing this feels.  I feel invigorated and alive.  I know how to swim so I know how to make my way back to the surface.  I know how to survive.

It's just that moment.......right before you dive in.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...