Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Things I Love About Turning 51....

I got blackberry pie!

I got a darling new basket for my bike!

Breakfast on a tray made by Mackay!

Such cute birthday balloons!

Lunch with my sisters!

I found a list the other day.  It is something I wrote on my 50th birthday.  I wanted to put down some of the things I loved about turning 50!  A whole year has come and gone and I am now officially in my fifties as I turn 51 this year.  I kicked off my birthday week by having my first ever colonoscopy and then went and had a mammogram just for fun!  Hah!  See how I laugh in the face of danger?  Truthfully, not always so fun as the years keep climbing but I'm thinking I am doing pretty good for my age and so here's that list....with a few additions as I brave my way through the fifty something years.

1.  The grey streaks in my hair.....if the truth be told I can't wait for a whole head full of beautiful grey hair.

2.  I'm stronger and more flexible than I was in my thirties!  (Thank you Yoga!)

3.  I hear 50 is the new 30!

4.  The laugh lines around my eyes.

5.  When someone older says, "You're just a BaBy!"

6.  That I don't feel 50!  (Or 51)

7.  When someone acts surprised that I'm actually 51.  (Even if they are faking it!)

8.  That I have had the opportunity to see 18,615 sunrises and sunsets.

9.  I'm officially old enough to be a Grandma!  (Sadly no grandkids yet!)

10.  Living on this beautiful planet for 51 years.....sharing all the laughter and tears with my lovely friends and family.

Linked up to The Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Happy birthday to you! And you don't look 51 at all! I'm not faking it either! Youre probably in better shape than I am haha I'm glad you had a great birthday surrounded by family. We should get lunch together soon. I want to catch up, and you need to see how big liam is getting!

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Oh I love it! You have motivated me to do yoga, and you don't look fifty-one! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...