Friday, February 13, 2009

A Very Vata Valentines


I sometimes fantasize about what my favorite Valentine's Day might look like. It is after all my favorite holiday including Christmas. Is it the hearts? How could you find a cuter thing to decorate with....and the colors....some of my favorites, pinks & reds. Is it the tastes? Chocolate, sugar cookies, and more chocolate....yummmmm! Or is it the inevitable flowers that come to my door? Well....maybe! Is it the chance to return to my childhood and play with paper, cutting it into beautiful valentines and frosting sugar cookies? I think so! It's not just one of those things it is all of it together...it is the anticipation of...is he going to remember this year? It is the beauty of he did and it is fantastic! It is writing love notes to my kids and choosing special little gifts to say I love you. It is holding hands after a romantic meal and then walking off into the sunset together. It is a special day to hold all whom I love near and dear. It is a whimsical container for all of my expressions of love! Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Thanks for the great recipes, I will have to try those sugar cookies, they really do look wonderful!!!!!

Ann Marie said...

What a LOVEly post! You're so insightful. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...