Saturday, September 13, 2008


It is almost a full moon. I love to watch the moon as it changes everyday from little tiny sliver to huge and big and full and back again to a little tiny sliver. It reminds me of the changes in my life, sometimes I am big and round and full of life and other times I am only a sliver of light. Nature so closely mirrors our life......or do we mirror it? Here is a favorite poem to go with my picture of the moon.







Faith
I want to write about faith,
about the way the moon rises
over cold snow, night after night,

faithful even as it fades from fullness,
slowly becoming that last curving and impossible
sliver of light before the final darkness.

But I have no faith myself
I refuse it even the smallest entry.

Let this then, my small poem,
like a new moon, slender and barely open,
be the first prayer that opens me to faith.

-- David Whyte
from Where Many Rivers Meet
©2007 Many Rivers Press

Listen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...